DATA DISTRIBUTION WORKFLOW FOR PROVIDERS
This page describes the requirements and options for distributing data from the BC Geographic Warehouse (BCGW).
This service allows for data in the BCGW to be orderable in a variety of formats using the BC Data Catalogue (BCDC) and iMapBC.
Table of Contents
All datasets in the BCGW that are configured for distribution require
- A published dataset in the BC Geographic Warehouse.
- A metadata record.
- A profile defined as one of the Security options below.
- Named Users is the only profile that requires additional configuration.
As well if for download from iMapBC additionally require
- A presentation layer as created with the Layer File Presenation document.
- Max downloadable zipped file size is 2 GB.
- Only the format options listed below are what is configured.
- Addition file format types can be requested. Each business case will be reviewed to determine feasibility and value.
|Type||Subtype||BC Data Catalogue |
for published metadata
for published presentations
|Security||Named Users |
can be a mix of IDIR and Business BCeID
only option for tabular
|Format||ESRI File Geodatabse |
|Format||ESRI Shape File |
|Area of Interest||Entire dataset|
|Area of Interest||Subset dataset|
|Projection||UTM Zone 7 through 11|
|Attribute Query||Subset dataset||Not available|| |
as defined in a definition query