This page describes the requirements and options for distributing data from the BC Geographic Warehouse (BCGW).
This service allows for data in the BCGW to be orderable in a variety of formats using the BC Data Catalogue (BCDC) and iMapBC.
All datasets in the BCGW that are configured for distribution require
- A published dataset in the BC Geographic Warehouse.
- A metadata record.
- A profile defined as one of the Security options below.
- Named Users is the only profile that requires additional configuration.
As well if for download from iMapBC additionally require
- A presentation layer as created with the Layer File Presenation document.
- Max downloadable zipped file size is 2 GB.
- Only the format options listed below are what is configured.
- Addition file format types can be requested. Each business case will be reviewed to determine feasibility and value.
|Type||Subtype||BC Data Catalogue |
for published metadata
for published presentations
|Security||Named Users |
can be a mix of IDIR and Business BCeID
only option for tabular
|Format||ESRI File Geodatabse |
|Format||ESRI Shape File |
|Area of Interest||Entire dataset|
|Area of Interest||Subset dataset|
|Projection||UTM Zone 7 through 11|
|Attribute Query||Subset dataset||Not available|| |
as defined in a definition query